WHY WE EXIST
Who We Are
A diverse coalition of individuals and families who work collaboratively to build strong communities of support for our schools.
People who want to see every school and every child within our city thrive with access to equitable opportunities and resources. We are positive-minded, solution-oriented, action-based, reflective and real.
What We Believe
- (We believe) in the power of education and the limitless possibilities and potential for ALL children.
- We recognize that racism plays a powerful part in locking black and brown children out of opportunity in our current education system and through building relationships in our communities and in our schools we can begin to dismantle that system of racism.
- If a school is not “good enough” for my child then it is not good enough for anyone’s child and we are going to work to make sure that ALL schools are great for ALL of our kids.
What We Do
- Inform the community on the pros of attending/supporting local public schools
- Help the community better understand school needs and opportunities to connect and get involved
- Create a space to have authentic conversations about race, equity, access, and education
- Work to leverage and connect existing resources and assets
What We are NOT
- We are NOT politically affiliated
- We are NOT duplicating efforts
- We are NOT judgy (every family needs to make the right choice for their family. Our goal is to make sure parents and students have all the information in making that decision
- We are NOT a group of white people trying to take over the schools